Monday, January 9, 2012

Day 2- really starting

Today I started my Carb Nite diet by John Kiefer. I didn't exactly nail it, but at least I had less than 30g of carbs (dietary fiber does not count towards carbs, although they are included in the total carb count; you must subtract them out). For those of you who are not familiar with Carb Nite, the diet allows for only 30g of carbs a day eating healthy fats and protein only (lettuce spinach, and some other greens are great to eat; absolutely no fruit).

This all protein and fat diet continues for 10 days, on the 10th night, pay close attention this is the key to the success of this diet, you are allowed a carb night in which you are encouraged to eat desserts, pasta, and other carbs you may be missing. The day following your carb night you return to the low carb, high protein and fat diet. I am then allowed a carb night once a week as long as they are a full 5 days apart. To learn more about the chemistry and research behind this diet please refer to John Kiefer's book Carb Nite Solution. with a diet like this I will need to invest in some sort of high fiber, soluble, drink mix aka Metamucil.

Today's exercise was bench and a few other arm things (see below); even taking a week from lifting my lifts become stronger. That is pretty exciting.

Diet
Breakfast coffee with stevia and 2 tbsp. heavy whipping cream ( 0 carbs)
snack none
Lunch Caesar salad with grilled Chicken (4g carbs in salad dressing)
snack coffee with 2 tbsp. heavy whipping cream and stevia, emerald nuts- 22 cocoa almonds (3g carbs)
dinner 2 eggs over easy, ham, and two slices of cheddar cheese (6g carbs)
snack none

Exercise
warm up: push ups 3x10
bench 5x3x45,50,55,60
incline bench 2x3x50 (ended with)
BB curls 5x3x45
chin ups 3x3
pull ups 3x8
tricep pull downs 2x10

weight:

I still have not taken before pictures. I'm waiting to get my chord to hook the ol' phone up to the computer. I will have a once a week weigh in, and every other week I will take my measurements.

Bellow is some inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment