Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Beginning

I've been doing this for awhile; the whole workout and eating healthy thing. I need a goal, something to aim for, to keep me on the right track. I am convinced that having a goal will keep me motivated to reach the desired physique, and take me to the peak of fitness that I've dreamed about. This is NOT a narcissistic desire, or an eating disorder, or an impaired image dysfunction. I want to accomplish something, and I want to push my body to a place that only the very few ever go. It's more about the determination, self will, and work ethic... the body will just end up being a means to showcase those characteristics to the public; letting my body be my resume... it is the first thing people see.

So what is October's hope? ...... To place in a fitness competition during the month of October. There are a couple different kinds, but no worries, I have no desire to do body building, so chill out. The categories include Bodybuilding (not for me), fitness (this is where they look like bodybuilders but do tricks... um, no thank you), physique( get super lean and may terrify the kids), figure ( I don't know..), and the category I'll be competing in, Bikini.

NO, this is not a South Padre bikini contest followed by a wet T-Shirt contest; sorry to let you down, boys. This is professional  fitness with goals and rules, and what have you. Ingrid, here on the right, is an example of where I want to be, hopefully by October (except minus the boobs, because we all know hers are purchased and where would I get the money for that? You feel me?).

In order to reach these goals I will hold myself publicly accountable through this blog by posting day by day my  weight, inches, diet, workout regimen, and occasional pictures of myself. This last item here will be particularly hardest about the accountability part, because it will either prove or disprove my commitment.... the camera does not lie.

I will be following a diet and workout laid out by my power lifting husband, acting as my trainer, whom has done extensive research in these areas of exercise and fitness. He will have me following a diet called Carb Nite by a physicist named John Kiefer, and will provide me with a mixture of workouts from Kiefer, and some workouts the husband may create or altar.

And so it begins, on this day.....

Sunday, January 8th, 2012

height: 5' 3 & 3/4"
weight: 128.2 1b.
left calf  13 & 1/4"
right calf 13 & 1/4"
left thigh above knee 15 & 3/4"
right thigh above knee 15 & 3/4"
left thigh 23"
right thigh 23 &1/4"
hips (butt included) 38 & 3/4"
around love handles, right under belly button 32 & 1/2"
waist 26"
bust 34C
left arm 11 & 1/4"
right arm 11"

Diet ( tomorrow I start my diet, in the book it says to get your bad habits out of the way)
Breakfast: none
snack: none
Lunch: ultimate meat and cheese burrito, java chiller
snack: none
Dinner: 3 beers
snack: none

Exercise:
moved boxes and furniture from rental house

I will post my "Before" picture once I have a chord to hook up to the computer, and I will add my workout and the rest of my diet at the end of today ( I start the Carb Nite diet tomorrow). As you watch my progress and growth, I will be open to discuss any struggles, experiences, tips, and advice with anyone.

Think Big, Win Big

2 comments:

  1. Heather
    Nice to see you at Fox Ridge Restaurant and glad we could meet your dietary needs. Our menu makes it very easy to customize a diet. If you need Glutton Free, Vegan, Low Carb or High Carb.
    Look forward to seeing you on your Carb night, we may even make you something special.
    Greg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no! THANK YOU! I had a great time chatting with you, and I appreciate all your help. Now I know I have a great place to take my friends when we go out to eat, and I won't feel guilty! Have a great one, Greg!

      Delete