Tuesday, July 17, 2012

6 weeks out from WORLDS

Hello Friends!

Things have been goin' goin' goin' like crazy! Let me start from the beginning...
First, I quit my full time day job as a sales manager to do everything and anything fitness full time. I am researching and learning a lot to become certified as a personal trainer. Right now I am charging a very very low rate to train friends and family, and those who understand I am not currently certified, but that I am working towards that certification and have growing knowledge everyday; so they are guinea pigs, basically :). (With that said, many friends and family often ask for my advice, or want workout plans, or diet suggestions, which I am happy to give advice, because I think it is important for the people I love to be healthy and happy, but as I am now trying to transition into this becoming my full time job, please understand if I do not offer up TONS of information ALLLLLL the time. BUT DO UNDERSTAND, I will always give you helpful answers, I will always help you out the most I can given whatever time constraints, I just might not go out of my way to be a free personal trainer. I never want to be one of those individuals who doesn't respond to a persons questions) I will also be starting a Paraprofessional position at the beginning of August part time. As I have stated in the past, I would love to start/work on some children's health awareness programs, and I think working as a para would be a great way to begin working with kids!

Second, I just recently did a Fitness photo shoot with a friend from Hesston, Liz Barker. Great lady, full time Realtor, part time photographer ;) I will post some of those pics at the bottom of my blog. Now, there is something to be said about these photos. Those that do not live and breathe the fitness industry, or are not within the bodybuilding arena, may not understand the scantily clad clothing involved. Yes there is an element of sex appeal, HOWEVER, that is not the main focus. The main focus is demonstrating the symmetry and sculpted hard work of an individual; which muscle structure cannot be seen through clothes.... unless of course you have X Ray vision. Anyhow, try to keep that in mind when reviewing the photos. But also keep in mind, I am wearing more clothing in these pics than an individual has on when wearing a swimsuit.There is really more I could say regarding these pictures or any other pictures I may take in the future for magazines and what not... but those who know me understand, and if they don't understand, they at least know me well enough to trust me and my professionalism... and those who don't know me or trust my judgement, I don't owe any explanation to...

Third, I have a new local sponsor assisting me in my journey to the World Championship!! I'd like to thank Supplement Giant for all their support. I will be doing an event with Supplement Giant within the next 4 weeks, so stay tuned for dates... oh so you want to know what the event is?... I'll give you a hint... it will involve items you can eat... very very tasty treats, made by yours truly, and sold at the Supplement Giant on 21st and Rock Rd. So come in and visit me, grab a photo to be signed, and eat MY TREATS!!! :) lol

Fourth, is my itinerary for July!
July 18th- Hold fundraising Golf Tourney @ Sierra Hills Golf course 9 hole Shotgun/ today I will find out if I made top 30 for Harley's Angels
July 21st- Attend and assist friends competing in Heartland Championship
July 22nd- Photo shoot in KC w/ Steven Smith & David Bickley
July 25th & 26th- KFH 98.7 Bob & Bruce Sport's Daily annual Face Off @ Fat Tony's 9am-11am
July 28th- Alefs Harley Davidson's Angels contest if I make the top 30
** Supplement Giant Bake sale will fall on a weekend, quite possibly the first weekend in Augst- we will decide this today!

Fifth, my workout is changing to become a bit more intense with cardio to assist in cutting. Yes, this morning marks the 6 week out time frame from the World Championship, where I begin cutting. The good news is my progress has been going swimmingly, and I may not need to cut back on my oatmeal/sweet potato, it all just depends on how I look. I'll be doing an hour of StairMaster each morning, weights 4 days a week, and 45 min of cardio following weights... Its gonna be AWESOME! I will also begin taking my fat burner today through the competition to assist in leaning out. Many people have asked me for my diet, and I have been very reluctant in sharing that information with individuals for two reasons... 1. I am paying an amazing trainer to provide me with that information (so I don't have to think) and it would not be fair for me to give out details of HIS program, but 2. I have said this time and time again, competition prep diets are NOT the same as an everyday diet, they are not always conducive to the type of workout program you may be following, and everyone's portions are going to vary depending on what your personal goals are, and other factors.  so if you'd like to give me details of your exercise routines, even if that is none, and then give me an idea of what you are currently doing as an everyday diet, I would be more than happy to offer suggestions, but doing exactly what I am doing will not yield the same results, unless you are wanting to prep for a show with me :) Which I would welcome you, with open arms, in doing so :)

Sixth, here are some helpful tips to losing fat, that may seem sooo simple, but are very essential ( which is funny because sometimes it is difficult to just even follow through with the simple stuff):

1. Drink AT LEAST half your body weight in ounces everyday or more... I am not kidding. this will help flush out toxins, and release excess water weight (which is, btw, noticeable weight, in regards to your physique)

2. Do not give in to our culture's amazing ability to market products as Fat Free, Low Fat, Sugar Free, etc... read the ingredients!! How do you think they make these things with labels that say 0 Fat or 0 Sugar? Do you think that is natural? NO!! It was chemically altered so they could move some numbers around on a label, which usually ends up weighing heavier under carbs... which is no bueno. Your body needs the natural nutrition to absorb the nutrients in order to feel satisfied; not chemicals.. you'll just need to eat more and more filling your body with more and more toxins, retaining more and more water and fat, and who needs that? It is better to eat the real Ranch dressing in moderation... trust me

3. Lift heavy and do High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) for cardio following your lifting sessions. You need muscle to burn fat, the more muscle, the better the metabolism. Unless you plan to run a race or a marathon/triathlon, straight running really is not all that great for you... now Im not saying don't do it ever, I'm definitely not even saying there aren't some beneficial side effects for your heart and lungs, but HIIT will burn more fat in the days following, it is completed in a shorter amount of time, is great for your heart and lungs, and causes less wear and tear on your joints as it is done in spurts, & there are sooooo  many variations of HIIT you will never get bored trying new methods.

4. Take a day or two for recovery each week... that needs to be considered a part of your workout. Change your perception on what working out is. Its not just when you are in the gym. Exercise is the process of tearing your muscle fibers so that they will rebuild bigger and stronger, resting allows for recovering, aiding in the exercising process. DO IT!

5. Avoid eating carbs and fat in the same meal. Try eating carbs with protein, or fat and protein. A note regarding carbs: become more concerned with a carbs Glycemic Index. your body needs complex carbs, also look into Gluten Free items.

6. Stick to the outer edges of a grocery store. Everything you need to live a healthy lifestyle (besides spices, stevia, olive oil, and few other items) will be out there, stay away from prepackaged foods; again with the lying labels and chemical alterations.

7. consider getting supplements. this may vary depending on your goals, but it is typically a really good thing to have a pure whey protein isolate supp/shake after lifting

8. Drink black coffee. Caffeine assists with digestion, energy, and can aid in fat loss!

9. Give in to your sweet tooth every once in a while (for those of you doing an "everyday diet" as opposed to competition, this is ok to do when you can't stand the cravings anymore) Go ahead and indulge in ice cream every once in a while following a workout, just make sure the ingredients are REAL; the less that is listed in the ingredients the better!!! My favorite is Talenti Gelato, which you can find at your local grocers. I get mine from Dillons or Fresh Market. ( No, I don't eat that during prep lol) Just remember, PORTION CONTROL & TIMING

10. Get your sleep and vitamins! You want your body to look like it is high functioning, well then it needs to BE high functioning! 'nough said. My chiropractor, Robin Henderson with GreenLeaf Chiropractic, explained to me the 4 essential vitamins we may all need:  Multi vitamin, Probiotic, Omega 3 (fish oil pills), and vitamin D3. For fat burning purposes, I would say you need to get on an omega 3 asap.

11. Be Kick Ass

And last but not least, INSPIRATIONAL PHOTOS!!!!!!!!! For the first time in my life I get to include my own photo :) weird... But it is all a part of my accountability, which is the hardest part. ENJOY :)

















No comments:

Post a Comment