Thursday, June 21, 2012

I, I, I , I workout!!!

I've been staring at this screen trying to figure out what I want to tell everyone. Not because I do not have anything to share, but because I feel as if there is so much to share!!

My brain has been mush lately due to late hours of sponsorship event prep/brainstorming, training, working on a new family business, researching, and looking for a new job more related to the fitness industry or other potential career paths aka Children's Health Awareness Programs.

 This is something I mentioned on my facebook, and I have got to stress it again, maybe more so for myself than for everyone else. Diet and workout are an obvious for any healthy lifestyle, but we cannot forget about sleep. Lack of sleep can cause stress, increasing cortizol levels, causing weight retention or gain, it can make us feel bloated from water retention, and its just plain uncomfortable. I need to take my own advice here, and get more sleep. Some people pride themselves on how well they can opperate on such little sleep, but honestly, I find that just plain stupid, not to mention unnecessary. There is nothing wrong with getting an appropriate amount of sleep.This does not just go for those of us with more than average training goals, part of our training is mental (even if you aren't training for a meet or competition), mind over body to push through our workouts, and if we do not have a good amount of restoration, not only for our bodies, but our minds as well, then our workouts and nutrition will suffer.

So there, I admitted it. I need more sleep, I've been sucking it up in that department, and I NEED TO DO BETTER... so I will. However, Thanks to GreenLeaf Chiropractic I have been getting my multivitamins, vitamin D3, Omegas, and probiotics everyday; which are the 4 most important and basic essentials to a healthy diet. So get in touch with Dr. Robin, she is awesome, she will get you set up with the essentials your body needs to keep you happy, fit, and living longer.

Next on the agenda, I believe are my upcoming events/activities:
June 23rd- Andover Chamber Golf Tournament
June 30th- Cookie Daze 5k race
July 18th- Golf Fundraiser
July- Submit photo for Harley's Angels
July 21st- attend Heartland Championship
July 28th- (if chosen for top 30) participate in Alef's Angels Contest
August 23rd- Leave for WBFF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP- Let's hope I have the money to go

Weight (as of 6/21): 116.4 lb.

Training: following Bryant workouts, and let me tell you, he is murdering me... and I kinda like it, ook I like it a lot. I do upper body mondy, legs Tuesday, cardio Wed, shoulders/upper body thursday, back/tris & Hams Friday, cardio saturday and off Sunday ( I do some type of cardio each day)

Favorite Training Songs (currently): Eyes Open- Taylor Swift, I workout- LMFAO, ET- Katy Perry, Under Pressure- Queen, Circus- Britney Spears, anything ACDC, Titanium, I am Woman- Jordan Sparks.. I have way more, I'll have to find my list that has less lady music and has my manly stuff that makes you want to pick up a 45lb plate and bash skulls in and what not.
Diet: Still carb cycling (you can find the foods I'm eating in previous post), no cheat days. Water intake needs to be increased to a gallon or more a day, it takes water to lose water!
If you are interested in learning how you can Carb Cycle, click the link to get started (note the portion about cardio :) !)

I will post a progression shot at the end of this week so you all can see where I am in relation to my training. Like I have said previously, I had to put on some weight to begin bulking and gaining some muscle for worlds, however, we are slowly burning some fat to ensure I peak at the appropriate time for the competition in 9 weeks.

Oh boy, 9 weeks. I am still looking for sponsorships, as I have mentioned previously, if you are interested in becoming a part of my journey feel free to visit Sponsor HK to help me make it to Canada! I need to purchase tickets soon, as the prices will be going up the closer it gets to the time of the competition, hopefully I will have enough money raised following my fundraiser on July18th.

Currently I am working on studying for my NASM test to become a certified Personal Trainer and help some people out. You better believe I'll be all over this blog lettin' you know when my doors are open. Currently  I am just working with some friends to gain experience and begin some files. One of my friends is a vegetarian so I am getting to do some research all about how to create an effective diet and workout plan for people with allergies and specific dietary needs. It is pretty challenging and fun!!

Well boys and girls, I think that is all I have to report on for now. Shoot me a message and let me know of any topics, events, info you want me to chat about!

As Always... INSPIRATIONAL PHOTOS!!!








These women did not get this way by starving themselves, or running everyday.... THEY LIFT WEIGHTS!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment