Sunday, October 28, 2012

Toronto and Post-show


This is me...



I know what you are thinking, "look at Heather go, winning first place with her beautiful black dress and flowing blonde hair.." *Record screeches to an abrupt stop in the background* wait a minute, blonde hair???uh, nuh nuh nuh no... look a little closer friends....


That is me... the one circled in green, with the bright pink dress and dark brown hair... the total opposite of the winner, clapping as she loses.... that's right, clapping!

That is correct, I did not even place in Toronto, not even in the top ten. So, you must think, " Well that is pretty disappointing, huh? " 

Well, if you think that, you couldn't be more WRONG!!! That would be like asking a person who went to the Olympics for the first time if they were mad they even went since they didn't win. Sounds pretty silly right?! 

It was one of the most amazing experiences to be on the stage as a peer, an equal, with the people I have looked up to for over a year now! I got to meet people like... 
Chady Dunmore  , Lindsay Messina  , Kelly Kalrich , Andreia Brazier 

And I had the privilege of making new friends backstage with Elisa Lau, Brittany Coutu, Wanda Kiewiet, Taylor Beech, and Chelcea Gonzales. 

 Me (Bikini), Micki Fisher (Fitness), Chelcea (Fitness), and Elisa (Bikini)
   Me, Wanda, Brittany Elisa
  Me, Taylor, And Brittany Me, Chady Dunmore, Elisa Lau

Not only did I get to participate, but I was welcomed with open arms by everyone, as a professional, and nothing could have felt better! The entire (6 hour long show) was broadcast ed through Paper View Online, which was hooked up to TVs all over the WORLD! What amazing exposure!

So what now, you ask? My next show won't be until the next World Championship, a year from now. But I will have events, photoshoots, radio promos/events, Harley Davidson Calendar signing and events, a feature in an E-Magazine (Vitality Magazine), the WBFF Southwest event (handing out awards), and paid promotional work with iForce through Supplement Giant. With all that said, I must maintain a '6 week out' look at all times, and continue to improve with every step, so I MUST continue training. I will also be training people at Pureformance Training here in Wichita (taking clients).

None of this would have happened, the photoshoots, radio events, Vitality, the privilege of handing out awards for WBFF, promo work with iForce, training clients at Pureformance, NONE OF IT, if I was never given the opportunity to go to Toronto and compete, and it is thanks to my sponsors, family, and friends. It is because of all of YOU, that I was able to follow my dream, and to continue building upon it so that I can make a difference in others' lives, from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!

Currently, I am working as a part time LRE Paraprofessional (special ed para) at an elementary school. I'm hoping this will assist me in building my communication skills with children, allow me to network through the school system, and give me an outlet to provide a Children's Health Awareness Program, possibly beginning as an after school program, in the future (I want to take a good year or two to develop a well thought out implementation strategy and program outline).

A note to my sponsors and private donors: This is where your hard earned money has gone. I hope I can make you all proud by continuing to pursue, and improve, this dream we obviously both share, of health, inspiration, and providing life changing experiences for others.

Thank you to Robin Henderson owner of GreenLeaf Chiropractic, Jared Ragsdale owner of Supplement Giant, my trainer Josh Bryant for his amazing expertise and support, KFH Radio, my HUSBAND for his patience, love, support, and friendship, my family for more than I can express, and friends. I may make mistakes on this journey, but with persistence I will prevail, and NEVER let you down! Thank you.

Helpful links:
http://www.joshstrength.com/
www.wbffshows.com
http://www.greenleafchiro.com/
http://www.supplementgiant.com/
http://www.t-nation.com/
http://www.bodybuilding.com/
http://www.elitefts.net/
http://www.dangerouslyhardcore.com/
http://www.pure-formance.com/

Beginning of my journey, August 2011-May 2012
2012-01-08_13-44-42_407.jpg (August 2011)


(Jan 2012 -May 2012)

Pics sent to trainer night before show August 24th 2012:







Really cool buildings in Toronto:  20120823_175049.jpg

I do have some home videos of the show on PPV, I will post that another day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment